Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Changes Thus Far: 2.5 Months

I am not the same person that I was two and half months ago. That, I am sure of.

Sydney feels like home to me. I know where everything is. I know how to get from point A to point B (most of the time). I don't feel lost anymore. I feel like I belong here. It took awhile obviously, two and a half months, but I can see myself living here. I can see myself working here, maybe even living here. Weird, I know! But, I can't go back to my old way of life because that old me doesn't exist. Yes, there are things that I miss like days on the river with my dad, sitting around at dinnertime with everyone watching the Nightly News with Brian Williams, and country music, but I have a life here now, too. I have things here that I will miss just as dearly as I did when I left the US. I used to dream of home, of being back at my house... Sometimes if I see a dad or mom with their little girl, I get a little misty eyed just because I think of how much I miss being around my mom and dad.

Now the thought of going back home, to my old life, scares me. I'll be happy to see my family, but I won't be able to drink, and, after living in such a cool city like Sydney, I don't think I can live in St. Louis. I don't know if I want to stay and work in the Missouri. It'll be great to see my friends from back home, but I will be surrounded by all Americans. I'm so over that, especially going back to Greek life (more so the boys not the girls), I know it'll keep me busy and distracted, but those frat guys are completely 100% the same and boring.

Obviously from this post, you, my audience, can tell that things are a bit different now.

No comments:

Post a Comment