It's just about that time my friends, SUMMMMEE...Wait, no, no, it's almost just the end of lectures, I still have a full month until my finals. And it's not summer, it's winter. It's way too damn cold here. My final week of lectures was this past week, meaning that this next week I only have tutorials aka dissertations/discussions. That means that June is our final exam period; lucky for me, mine are grouped together at the very end of June right before I have to leave this lovely place. And this schoolwork is catching up to me FAST!
I haven't blogged about the present recently, so here is a bit of it.
I finally went to Scubar on last Monday night (5/14-the only place to party hard on a Monday night), and learned a hard lesson: Never wear a hat to a club, people will want to wear it, they will literally steal it off your head, and this will become more prevalent as the night goes on. It was a good time though! Courtney, Lauren, Verena, and myself all got our dance moves on the floor.
 |
| Courtney and I at Scubar which fyi is pronounced "Scuba" by all the Aussies |
That Thursday night was my ball for Shalom; the ticket was fifty bucks, but it was well worth it! We spent the night in the gorgeous Darling Harbor for a night of eating, drinking, and dancing with friends. Here's a few pics from that very special night!
 |
| Sukhi, Rachel, Tanya, Kara, Renee and Myself |
 |
| Being my usual jokester self |
 |
| The boys showing me some love, Aww! |
After my crazy night on Thursday, I needed a down night on Friday to just chill out, and besides I knew I was going to be going out on Saturday night. Saturday night, me and all my girls, Alex, and his cousin, Paul (who knew Maxi from Bondi Rescue!!) went to this house party. Let's just say that this picture sums up the night:
 |
| Alex, Verena, and Courtney.. Classic |
 |
| Verena, Courtney, and Me showing some love |
This past week has been a very non-partying week, not because I had a bunch of stuff to do, but because all of my friends did. So, I was ready to get out on the town Friday night to take part in Vivid Sydney. Vivid Sydney is this lights festival in Circular Quay aka the main downtown area of Sydney where they basically do artistic light designs and as many light designs as possible. The city was packed to say the least.
 |
| My cider at dinner at Three Wise Monkeys |
 |
| Having some fun at Vivid Sydney |
 |
| Getting artsy at the festival |
Here is where you had to scream at this thing to get all the flaps to fly up, we did it! It was hilarious to see little kids scream and only see the first row of flaps go up and then these huge guys go up all alone and raise all of the flaps. So funny!
I temporarily forgot how to hopscotch there! Anyways, it was a great night and reminded of how much I love this city.
No comments:
Post a Comment