While all my friends back home are almost halfway through the semester, I am just now starting my semester here in Australia. It weirds me out even more that I will be registering for classes in less than a week for my Fall 2012 semester (I'm oddly super excited because that means that going home isn't so far away!). This week is pure lectures and introductions much like Syllabus Week back home; we start tutorials next week which are similar to discussions in America. Lucky for me, I only start three of my classes, Indigenous Australia, Theory of Statistics, and Engineering Mechanics, this week, but I'll start my fourth class, The Marine Environment, next week. Since I didn't have any class on Monday, I started school on Tuesday (three day weekends every weekend!). So far all of my lecturers have been very engaging and easy to comprehend, I actually feel excited about my classes!
I have a lot of free time right now which I'm not sure if I really like; I plan on going running/exercising, studying, surfing, dancing, and going out a lot to occupy my time. I'd look for a bar tending job here, but I'd have to get RSA certified, which I don't think I want to do.
No comments:
Post a Comment